Xfire reaches 8 million users

XfireXfire, the PC gaming community and statistical tool, has now attracted more than 8 million subscribers. About 60 percent of those are European users, with the other 40 percent hailing from north America.

All told, Xfire has logged over 120 THOUSAND man-years of play since its inception, with online games far surpassing the playtime of traditional offline offerings.

According to data collected in August, World of Warcraft leads the pack, with more than 440,000 hours of gameplay per day. Call of Duty 2 and Counter-Strike: Source follow that, clocking in at 173,355 and 158,714 average hours per day, respectively.



  • Facebook
  • Twitter
  • Myspace
  • Google Buzz
  • Reddit
  • Stumnleupon
  • Delicious
  • Digg
  • Technorati
Author: Eddie Inzauto View all posts by
Eddie has been writing about games on the interwebz for over ten years. You can find him Editor-in-Chiefing around these parts, or talking nonsense on Twitter @eddieinzauto.

Leave A Response

You must be logged in to post a comment.